Requirements for Federal Tax Return Preparers
Presented by the
Return Preparer Office
Date: March 30, 2011
Time: 2 p.m. Eastern
This FREE broadcast is for:
• All Paid Tax Return Preparers
Since Jan. 1, 2011, a new registration requirement has been in place for federal tax return preparers. View this broadcast to hear about:
• Early program accomplishments
• Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN) guidelines
• Upcoming competency testing and continuing education plans
• Upcoming background check plans
• Electronic filing requirements
Earn Continuing Professional Education credit:
• Enrolled agents receive one CPE credit for participating for a minimum of 50 minutes from the start of the broadcast.
• Other tax professionals may receive credit if the broadcast meets their organization’s or state’s CPE requirements.
• To receive credit, you must attend the broadcast on March 30. Register for the broadcast using your e-mail address and use the same e-mail address to log in to attend. This will confirm your attendance and generate your Certificate of Completion. Groups can not register with one e-mail address and then receive separate Certificates. If certificates are needed, each person must register separately.
• Only March 30, 2011 participants will receive credit. If you do not need a certificate to obtain CPE credit, you may choose to view the archived version of the broadcast.
• Look for your Certificate of Completion by e-mail approximately one week after the broadcast. If you have met all requirements, you will receive your certificate automatically.
How to register for the session:
• Click on the link to register:
• Visit www.irs.gov and search Webinars for information on other programs available.
• If you experience difficulty viewing the event, please use the e-mail option on the event page or call 866-956-4770.
• The event will be archived for later viewing, approximately two weeks after the date of the event.